View All Categories
CD Racks, & Stands
Home & Office
Solid Wood Tables
Tools for Cooks - NEW!
Wooden Salad Bowls
Wooden Wine Racks
& Wine Accessories
Vermont Bowl Co.
111 West Main Street
PO Box 338
Wilmington, VT 05363
A division of
John McLeod Ltd.
Come visit us!
Inside our Stores
Vermont Bowl Company
Wooden Salad Bowls
You want quality, and that's what we provide. Nothing leaves our Wilmington Vermont factory unless it's perfect! Rest assured, when you
receive a wooden salad bowl from us, it will last for years and is heirloom quality.
**Also visit our Exotics Wood section
for additional wooden salad bowls not shown here. We will be expanding the exotics
section, so check back often.
Bowl Sizes Information
- We make three sizes of wooden bowls. The relationship in size can be seen in the picture alongside.
- We refer to them as "Large", "Medium" and "Small" with matching "Individual" wooden salad bowls or soup bowls available where indicated.
- We start off with turning blanks of 15", 12" and 10" in diameter.
- While the finished diameters vary slightly with the nature of the designs net average external diameters are 14-1/2"... 11-1/2" and 9-1/2".
- The average height of all the bowl sizes is just over 5"
- The individual soup or salad bowls are sized at 6-1/2" diameter with a height of 2-3/4"
- While the size of a portion of salad is a very subjective thing, with experience, we are confident in the small bowl serving 4 to 6 people,
the medium 6 to 8 people and the large 8 to 12 people. If you're looking for larger serving bowls, here they are!
- Remember, these wooden bowls are not dish-shaped they have the full capacity of their diameter.
For the further curious here are the average volumes...
- Large Bowl: 10 Quarts
- Medium Bowl: 6 Quarts
- Small Bowl: 4 Quarts
- Individual Bowl: 1 Pint
Information You Need
- The only care required from the consumer is the gentle washing of the bowl or serving piece in warm soapy water and towelling it dry.
- The tough, specially applied and hand rubbed finish, is a proprietary formulation developed over a number of years.
- Under no circumstances should this or any fine woodenware ever be put in a dishwasher.
- Each bowl carries a label with these simple care instructions.
- We know that the life of a bowl treated properly is greater than 38 years !!
- All bowl sizes are given as a guide. Since each bowl is individually crafted slight variations in dimensions can occur.
- Each bowl is individually packaged and boxed to allow us to send any size of order via UPS.
- To minimize shipping costs boxes are grouped together whenever possible.
- No sustainability or regeneration problems arise from the harvesting of these species from natural and managed forest sources.
Shipping to Canada same as U.S.!!
We are not responsible for any charges that the Canadian government may apply to your shipment.
Firstly we contain the item in our UPS proof regular packing box.
Then we wrap that box in our elegant Gift Wrap complete with Ribbon and Silver Seal. At your request we will prepare a Gift Card and attach to the outside of the box.
Now comes the important bit! We place the Gift Wrapped box inside another heavy box for protection while en route for delivery.
Your gift will arrive in pristine, presentation condition.
All for a cost of: $6.95
We group all items in your order into one box for a flat charge of $6.95.
If additional boxes are required you
will not be charged extra.
Look for these icons on product pages to determine Gift Wrapping availability...
Gift Wrapping Available
Gift Wrapping NOT Available
Also, check out our new High Contrast Black Walnut wooden salad bowls.
Create your own gift bowl
with items from our
Tools for Cooks page.